New Cordless Pruner Features:
- Progressive cut mode – precise control the speed and position of the blade with the trigger.
- Adaptive cut – hard set the blade to any resting position to speed up cuts and save battery power.
- Digital LCD Readout – Intuitive battery level by percentage and “cutometer” showing number cuts per session and lifetime.
Progressive Cut Mode
The progressive cut mode allows the user to control the speed and position of the cutting blade with the trigger giving the user more precise pruning mimicking the use of a manual pruning shear. This is new to the Zenport cordless pruner line-up. This feature was only included in the more powerful corded battery powered pruners that have the high-capacity battery packs.
Included with the progressive cut mode, this pruner features adaptive cut which allows you to set the opening resting position to whichever diameter you wish. In progressive cut mode you simply hold the blade in any position for 3 seconds (an audible beep is heard when set) setting the resting position of the blade when the trigger is released. The adaptive cut mode gives the user the ability speed up pruning smaller cuttings allowing the blades to open exactly to the diameter of the cut. This also saves battery power as the blade does not need to waste power opening the blade set all of the way. Increase speed and save precious battery power!
Simple “Hair-Trigger” Mode
In addition to the progressive cut the user can switch to the simple “hair-trigger” mode which when the trigger is initially pulled, the blades will begin to complete a full cut without needing to pull the trigger all the way back. This increases the reaction time of the cut. This mode mimics operation like an air pneumatic pruner but much safer. Unlike air pneumatic pruners, whenever you release the trigger the blade will stop moving and return to the resting position immediately.
Digital LCD Readout
This cordless pruner also offers an easy-to-read digital LCD display which gives you valuable information about the operation of your cordless pruner. The display shows you the exact battery charge as a percentage inside of an illustrative battery icon. The number of cuts per session along with life of the tool are also displayed. This gives you better sense of performance of the user and the tool. It is also useful to gauge maintenance cycles.
1-Year Zenport 100% USA Based Warranty, Service, Parts and Repairs.
Lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries are an awesome technology constantly improving and that is why they are very expensive. Please follow these battery care tips to get the longest life and best performance out of them.
- Li-ion batteries can handle only 800 to 1,000 complete discharge cycles
- Charge your battery to full capacity at least once a month
- Don’t leave them in the car—either in the cabin or the trunk. Heat (above 140 degrees F) and subzero cold can reduce battery life by 15 percent
- Storing a battery in direct sunlight can really heat it up, so shield it from the sun
- Don’t store a discharged battery that has less than one-half charge. Give it a full charge and then store it.